Author Topic: Created new folders, but cannot map to drive letters.  (Read 1469 times)

dawggie

• Calf
Created new folders, but cannot map to drive letters.
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

I just purchased the LinkStation Pro Quad 8TB NAS (LS-QV8.0TL/R5, LSQVL383, firmware 1.40, using defaul of RAID5).  I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad W510 running Windows XP.  I have an in home router connected to the LinkStation.

I have been able to "map remote default share to drive letter" successfully.

I have created a new shared folder using the Folder Setup option after logging into the web admin tool.

However, after creating the shared folder "Audio", I cannot map that folder to a drive letter successfully.  I use the NASNavigator2 to "Map all remote shares to drive letters".  I get a message that "Share is already mapped", but no other drives are mapped.

How can I map my new folders to drive letters on my PC?  Thanks.

hotblazer

• Calf
Re: Created new folders, but cannot map to drive letters.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:20:44 AM »

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:11:07 AM »

Try not using the Nas Navigator and mapping through Windows. Go to start, run, and type in \\theip of the unit. Then right click on the folder audio and choose map network drive.

dawggie

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »

Thanks, that worked.  It's pretty easy to remember, but I'll write it down just in case.

But isn't NASNavigator2 supposed to do that for me?  Is there an issue with the program, or did I do something wrong in the set up?

Thanks!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:25:15 AM »

It is just supposed to map the default share of "share".