Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo: "Multiple Connections" error  (Read 4076 times)

seventh

• Calf
Linkstation Pro Duo: "Multiple Connections" error
« on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »

Hello. I've just picked up a Linkstation Pro Duo, and am trying to configure the following:

- A general share for others on my network

- A password protected share for me.

After installing, I have the default "share" folder mapped as L: on my machine, as well as every other machine. This part works just fine, since this is where I want the rest of my network users to be able to read/write and have guest access. 

I created a folder called "private" and setup a username/password for it, and the associated permissions in the web GUI. However, I get the error "multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed" when I actually try to connect to \\my-linkstation\private. I've disconnected the default network drive, and ran a "net use /d *" to clear out any latent connections to the device, but no matter what I do from here I can't seem to get into my \private folder with the credentials that I setup without getting this error.

What's the fix? I've tried it on 3 different machines and it's the same on each, and without being able to set private folders that actually work, this product is kind of a brick for me. :\

Any insight would really be appreciated. Thank you!

rinthos

• Buffalo
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo: "Multiple Connections" error
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

Are you mapping the drive using the IP address of the LS Pro Duo or the name?

If the IP, try the name.  If the name, try the IP.

Second, run regedit and scan through the registry and see if you have any stale entries for the drive mapping.

If still no go, do not map the general share.  Try mapping the 'pword-protected' share first.

Fyi these suggestions are relative to windows-related issues when mapping some samba-based cifs shares, not buffalo specific. 

---

Sai

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo: "Multiple Connections" error
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:35:40 AM »

Hello Rinthos

I have facing the same problem also. I tried as you mention but it still didn't work. It is only happen to the folder with Password Protected. The firmware is the latest 1.33. Any help will be really appreciate.

Sai