Author Topic: LS-CH1.0TL Making disk noise  (Read 2896 times)

pachy

• Calf
LS-CH1.0TL Making disk noise
« on: December 11, 2009, 05:51:23 PM »

My LS-CH1.0TL has started to make the grinding, always doing something disk noise.

Previous posts suggested turning PCAST off.

I have no idea what that is and can not find it in the Media Server section.

If it is on, I never intentionally turned it on.

How do I turn it off?

Or is there another possibility?

Thank you.

davidperez74

• Calf
Re: LS-CH1.0TL Making disk noise
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 06:22:03 PM »

As far as I know Pcast is for the older linkstations. The newer ones like the one you have has the Media Server option. I have heard the same thing mentioned here before. It makes no sense. Moderators telling you that if it makes noise turn off one of the main functions that most people bought this kind of NAS for. So what I suggest is that you not turn it off but if you dont add media very often to the NAS, then switch the refresh option to be done more infrequent like every 960 minutes or something like that. If its still under warranty echange it. Seems like both you and I and many other folks got stuck buying these NAS decvices that have alot of bugs to be worked out. Try to  turn off the Media Server function and see if that does make the noise go away. Also keep in mind that when it refreshes it goes through your whole library. So if you have alot of items on your NAS, and since these NAS devices are wayyyyy slower than what is represented in their specs it can take over an hour to go through the entire library. Dont get me wrong, I love my linkstation because it does everything I want, but I think they need some better firmware updates and maybe a few more moderators here that can help people with their problems. If Im not mistaken I think the moderators are the same folk that answer the phones if you are able to get through tech support. Unfortunately they are overworked and dont get much time to come around here.