Author Topic: DriverStation HD-HSQ: Broken USB port and firewire issues  (Read 3460 times)

bsmartforever

• Calf
DriverStation HD-HSQ: Broken USB port and firewire issues
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:17:18 PM »

I've been having several issues with my Buffalo DriveStation HD-HSQ External Hard Drive.

Originally, it was just the firewire. I could use the firewire to download items onto my external drive, but it only worked one way, I couldn't then open them using the firewire.

I solved this problem by switching to using the USB cable when I wanted to open something, but my drive tipped over, bent the USB cord, and when I removed it, a piece of the USB port came out. Now I can open my drive, but I can't access anything. Is there a way to either:

A: Get the firewire to work both ways or

B: Fix the USB port.

I've had this external drive for just a little over a month now but I am completely locked out of it. My computer doesn't have any of the other ports so I have no other way of accessing the information stored there.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: DriverStation HD-HSQ: Broken USB port and firewire issues
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 02:52:53 PM »
I would get a chipset update for your motherboard (assuming its a built in firewire port). I would also get all of your windows updates, by choosing custom install and choosing all 3 categories.  (the auto updates only gets the critical updates).