Author Topic: Buffalo TeraStation Pro, Slow on 2 Mac's but fine on PC's  (Read 2128 times)

gmediaPaul

• Calf
Buffalo TeraStation Pro, Slow on 2 Mac's but fine on PC's
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:55:05 AM »
Hey guys

Quick question regarding our office Buffalo TeraStation Pro. We have had it for about 4 years now, recently though the 2 Mac's in our office seem to be having problems with files stored on this Buffalo TeraStation. The strange thing is the PC's are absolutely fine with it, copying files from the TeraStation and to the Desktop is very quick, but exactly the same process doesn't apply to the Mac's. Copying the same file from the TeraStation to the Desktop on the Mac's is extremely slow. The only change we've recently had is a new updated BT Business Hub Router. The Router change seems like it could be causing a problem, but not sure how to prove this. Previously we haven't had any issues, simple things like retrieving files from the TeraStation via InDesign is very very slow, also exporting files as PDF's is very slow if the file contains images that are stored on the TeraStation.

Sorry if this is a little vague, I'm not absolutely Tech Savvy. We do actually connect to the TeraStation through a Switch also. We've plugged the Mac's directly into the Router and then into the Switch to test performance either way, both giving the same results.

Any ideas on the issue will be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Buffalo TeraStation Pro, Slow on 2 Mac's but fine on PC's
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:48:24 AM »
What model and firmware is the Terastation? What version of OSX are you using and are you connecting using SMB or AFP on the MACs?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gmediaPaul

• Calf
Re: Buffalo TeraStation Pro, Slow on 2 Mac's but fine on PC's
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:30:34 AM »
Sorted folks, simple fix. Our TeraStation's ethernet was plugged directly into the Router, we have now plugged directly into a Switch, this has fixed everything.