Author Topic: Terastation HS-DH100T GL/R5 cant update firmware on EM reading machine with a failed drive.  (Read 1374 times)

oldsmithy

• Calf

A recent power out left my terra station sitting telling me the kernal wont load, after browsing a lot of places, i removed the hard drives individually until the system rebooted - missing disk 3 > great i thought i can down load all the stuff on the drive - i was using it as a backup device for multiple pc's and as a data storage device for all as well (i have learned m y lesson and will now have to find a way of providing backup for over 1 terrabyte of data other than the one NAS drive.

However i cannot now access the drive, Nas navigator has been installed on a new PC and gets teh error messages and can see th edrive but shows it in em status. reading the help here it says to reflash the firmware, however the updater does not see the terrastation so what do i do next???

Secondly do i hav eto use the same drive as was in originally when i replace it, as i doubt 500MB drives like the ones in my machine are still available 4  years after i bought the machine. I know if i use a bigger drive it will only see 500MB but all i want at the moment is my data back. Off tomorrow to get a 2nd NAS to serve as a backup to the terra station if i can get tthe info off of it.

Many thanks