Author Topic: Rebooted DCs, now cannot access TS-RHTGL/R5 F/W 1.33  (Read 1633 times)

glennsim

• Calf
Rebooted DCs, now cannot access TS-RHTGL/R5 F/W 1.33
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »

We have an AD domain.  Last night I restarted both DC's.

So far no issues other than no one can access one of our TS-RHTGL/R5 F/W 1.33.

When pulling up a list of machines on the network, clients can see the machine, but when I click on it to go further I get "windows cannot access \\name You do not have permission to access \\name. Contact your network administrator to request access."

I can log in locally to the TS-RHTGL/R5 F/W 1.33 and while in there I re-applied the Workgroup/Domain settings. I did not get any errors. Domain User List shows all users, including me.  But still get that error.

I am using Windows 7 Professional, users who brought problem to my attention are using Windows XP professional.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Rebooted DCs, now cannot access TS-RHTGL/R5 F/W 1.33
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »

You could try removing the computer account that the unit made and then try going into the interface and trying to join again. You could aslo try and just use a different host name. 

glennsim

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »

I went in to Active Directory and deleted the computer there, and then went back to the Nas and re-joined, but that did not solve the problem.

I went in to the Nas and changed the host name, then re-joined the domain. I could see the additional name on the list, but could not access it.  This time the message said (and I have gotten this message as well during previous attempts, it varies):

(\\Name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »

At this point I would restore the units interface by going to maintenance, initilization and choose restore. Did anything in the AD change when the controllers were rebooted? 

glennsim

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:09:35 PM »

As far as I know, nothing changed when rebooted AD's.  Installed updates, rebooted.

Returned the machine to defaults, reset everything up, still not working.  I ran the Windows Diagnostic/Troubleshooter and it says "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection."

I notice I am also getting a "cannot retrieve" list under Domain user List at times, although just because I do have the list I am still not able to connect.

I have verified the time on the TS-RHTGL/R5 is synced with the DC time.