Author Topic: need help ,with connecting laptop to whr-g300n  (Read 3536 times)

thesaint

• Calf
need help ,with connecting laptop to whr-g300n
« on: December 18, 2008, 06:47:48 AM »

Have just purchased the above router to replace my old non wireless router and wap which was from belkin and worked fine on all my devices wirelessly. At present I am connected to virgin(ntlworld) via my desktop(wired) to router and my PS3 connects wireless via aoss,no problem so far.

My laptop is an old vaio which has a belking cardbus adapter which is 54g plus so supposed to work faster than normal 54g. I have installed buffalo client software 3 onto the laptop and have still got the software for the belkin card on as well.

The problem is it sees the router but wont connect to the internet, its as though it is awaiting authentication even though ive put in the correct key and setup the same security settings as my pc desktop. My pda also sees the router and does exactly the same thing, are there any additional settings to setup on the router setup to assign the device an ip address etc? ive done a cmd ipconfig and it seems to assign a static ip address, i think, getting old so bear with me on this one, thanks for any help

Phil

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: need help ,with connecting laptop to whr-g300n
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:49:50 AM »
Try disabling AOSS, try going with a standard encryption.