Author Topic: LS CHL (Linkstation Live) E06 Error  (Read 11026 times)

radion_auto

• Calf
LS CHL (Linkstation Live) E06 Error
« on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »

I have tried everything to fix this, but with no luck at all. Basically problem was brought about by a power failure, now the unit boots up and flashes red 6 times. I realise this is a firmware problem. I have tried the TFTP method, and the files were uploaded successfully, but i cannot connect to the linkstation to upload the firmware.

All i get when i run the updater is "linkstation cannot be found" or a similar message. I have tried the debug mode and tried to force the firmware update, but still nothing is found. Computer has no firewalls, and MS security centre is disabled. I have gone through the procedure of connecting directly with an ethernet cable, and although this is the only way the unit will appear in nasnavigator, the updater will not work.

I think the unit is in the EM mode, as the model appears as "LS-CHL-EM2DE". The section of NN where the firmware version would be just reads "------------". To further complicate matters, i'm not even 100% sure which version of the linkstation live i have, as far as i can tell there is a v1 and a v2, but they look the same? I have the updaters for both versions and neither will connect to the linkstation.

Basically i'm at my witts end with the unit. It is chock full of files i cannot afford to use, and it has been a great NAS system. Can anybody help me recover the thing?

Thanks

Charles

Thaitawat

• Tatanka
Re: LS CHL (Linkstation Live) E06 Error
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »

Hi.

Notice the hardware version of LS-CHL.

Please see on sticker under the box
If the bar-code is printed on MAC address sticker, it is the V2.
No bar-code means the unit is V1.

radion_auto

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 03:55:20 AM »

Great, thanks - will check this when i get home. Any ideas on how i can go about flashing the firmware and sorting the problem?

Charles

Thaitawat

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 04:34:16 AM »

- Set computer IP to 192.168.11.1
- Connect LAN to LS
- Power on LS
- When flashes red 6 times. Press function button 2 sec. (The blue lights is on)
- Step to TFTP
- After finish (Do not reboot or power off LS) run NAV check LS IP address.
- Change IP on your computer to same network with LS
- Up firmware.

radion_auto

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »

Hi, had a chance to look at the Linkstation. There is a sticker underneath the unit that reads as follows:

"95845790302037 [[g]] ls-ch1.0tl-eu"

Also, a smaller sticker next to it reads: "001d73 a492de"

There is no actual barcode on the base of the unit. Does this mean i have a V1?

Thaitawat

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:24:08 PM »

Correct.:smileyhappy:

LS-CHL

radion_auto

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »

Hi,

I had a chance to play with this again tonight, results are as follows. I went through your list to the T, using the correct  TFTP and firmware files. The linkstation will accept and download the 2 TFTP files, it drops the net link then re-establishes it. I can then see it using the included NAVI program. It appears with the hostname "LS-CHL-EM2DE" and the ip address "192.168.11.150". I run the firmware uploading program, and no matter what options i choose, it ALWAYS appears with "LS-CL that needs updating wasn't found"

I have tried using the debug mode to force the firmware, and ignore versions etc. It just will not find the linkstation to perform the upload though.

What else can i try? As far as i can make out i have tried everything! :(

Thaitawat

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 08:20:07 PM »

What the firmware version u try to upgrade?

You linkstation V.1 firmware not over V.1.07 (1.21 in asia).

radion_auto

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 07:29:09 AM »

Hi,

I have been trying the 1.07 firmware freshly downloaded from the buffalo website. This is the last firmware update available for the V1 linkstation live right? I also enabled the debug mode and checked the "ignore version" flag.

What else could be the problem?

Thanks

Charles

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 08:46:13 AM »

You have to also check "force firmware". You also have to make sure that your updating to the correct firmware version. If your unit has the model number printed on the unit, then you want to go the higher version of firmware. If its just on a sticker, then yes, 1.07 is the correct version.

radion_auto

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »

Yes i tried the "force firmware" option too, but the updater was still not able to find the linkstation. I don't see the model number printed on the unit anywhere other than the sticker, so i assume that 1.07 is the correct version.

The TFTP step always goes fine, the 2 files are uploaded and the unit can be found in the NAVI program, i just can't get the firmware uploaded.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 01:00:55 PM »

If the model number is printed on the sticker on the front foot of the Linkstation then its a V2

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »

No, if the model number i printed on the unit itself on the bottom then it is a v2. If it is only printed on a sticker on the bottom of the linkstation then it is a v1.

radion_auto

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:11 AM »

Ok, so if i'm uploading the correct firmware, and the TFTP step has been completed successfully, what else could be the problem? What else would stop the updater from finding the linkstation?

Thanks

Charles

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »

Possible 3rd party firewall software?