Author Topic: Invalid input: Product Serial Number  (Read 11080 times)

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Invalid input: Product Serial Number
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »
From your earlier post you said that you replaced both drives. If you put the original drives back in does it boot? If so, then replace one drive, format the new drive, then replace the other drive and format it.

If it doesn't boot with the original drives then I'm sure that Australian support would be happy to get it replaced for you.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
Also, let's be nice. US Support will do as we can but I can't call your tech support for you.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

hgwatx

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 12:07:16 PM »
As near as I can tell you bought the thing with the smallest drives available because it was cheaper, then tried to replace them with bigger drives so you could get a bigger NAS for less money and then got pissed when that didn't work. You can't get help from Australian tech support because you pulled the original drives (or you haven't tried contacting them for help). Then when Buffalo didn't help you rip them off you got even more pissed. Is that about right?

thunderkatalyst

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 06:58:59 AM »
I am having a similar issue when trying to download Drivestation for Ministation Slim, however, I do not believe the support website region vs product S/N region is the issue in this case.

my product:
HD-PCF500U3B-US

i have attempted to enter the S/N on the back of the device as the 14 digit number only, as well as the 14 digit number + the letter that follows. Neither have been successful.

Any ideas on what the issue may be?

As a workaround, anyone just want to send me the file?  :D

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 07:08:22 AM »
PM me the serial number, what software are you looking for specifically?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

290373m

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 07:03:39 AM »
From your earlier post you said that you replaced both drives. If you put the original drives back in does it boot? If so, then replace one drive, format the new drive, then replace the other drive and format it.

If it doesn't boot with the original drives then I'm sure that Australian support would be happy to get it replaced for you.

I have had to replace them. After a power failure the unit didn't recognize the drives anymore. Neither of them. I have had two other drives used in the house and tried with them, they at least get recognized.

290373m

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »
As near as I can tell you bought the thing with the smallest drives available because it was cheaper, then tried to replace them with bigger drives so you could get a bigger NAS for less money and then got pissed when that didn't work. You can't get help from Australian tech support because you pulled the original drives (or you haven't tried contacting them for help). Then when Buffalo didn't help you rip them off you got even more pissed. Is that about right?

No, that is nowhere close to the facts. It was purchased as a diskless unit. I have contacted the Australian tech support a few times but they always tell me to go to the US site to download the files.

290373m

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
Also, let's be nice. US Support will do as we can but I can't call your tech support for you.

You are right, apologies. IT is just frustrating to have a not working unit ans messing around with it for weeks now. Contacting the support several times just to be told to go to the US site and download it where this is absolutely impossible.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 08:40:49 AM »
This unit is not available as a diskless unit in the US. If it was purchased without drives initially, how did you get the OS onto it the first time? That procedure should work for the replacement drives.