Author Topic: How to update firmware?  (Read 2460 times)

Rander

• Calf
How to update firmware?
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »
I'm having problems updating the firmware of my TeraStation...

When I log in to the web-interface, it tells me that there is a new firmware available. If I then ask it to update, it tells me that I shouldn't turn it of or anything before it's done - problem is, I tried leaving it for up to 48 hours, and nothing else happens... I then turn it of and back on, and it's still at the old version...

I then tried the TSUpdater, but that doesn't work either, as it cant find the TeraStation on the network...

So, what do I do from here?

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: How to update firmware?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »
Try Disabling the firewall on your computer, Make sure you are NOT using a wireless connection to update the firmware. Most firewalls block Nas Navigator and the Firmware Update programs for the LinkStations/Terastations as far as I can tell.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

Rander

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »
I don't have any firewall running, and both the PC I'm doing this from and the NAS is connected to the same switch.

Funny thing is, the NAS Navigator can't find the TeraStation either..?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 12:35:58 PM »
If the Updater cannot find the NAS and the NAS Navi cannot either and they are on the same LAN then you definately have some sort of security software either on the PC or network blocking the applications.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Rander

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »
No, I do not! Windows Firewall is off, and I have no other form of security software running except Avira AntiVir, which I have also tried disabling.

There is only a dumb Netgear switch between the pc and the NAS, and I can access the fileshares on the NAS, I can ping it, I can access the web interface - the only programs that CAN'T find it is those downloaded from the Buffalo website...

I even tried doing all the same from another pc - still cant find it... :-(

Rander

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 01:13:08 PM »
Oh my F'ing God... Deep in the settings, under Network and Network Services, I found a setting called NasNavi Detection. It was disabled. Enabling it fixed the problem...

Sorry, it seems to me even having that option is a bad idea - idiots like myself might turn it off...  :-[

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »
Its there for security reason, Like on a company network you don't want people installing Nas Navigator and finding the unit and what not.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people