Author Topic: Boot Mount Error and Can't Update DTCP-IP On LS-VL STILL  (Read 2071 times)

davidsco27

• Calf
Boot Mount Error and Can't Update DTCP-IP On LS-VL STILL
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »

I am beginning to believe the develpers at Buffalo are just completely incompetent. These same problems have existed for YEARS now, after several firmware updates, and they do NOTHING to fix them.

The firmware after 1.54 sends falls Disk Mount error e-mails randomly and repeatedly, and the only way I can stop them is to force back to 1.54.   And now there's an update to DTCP-IP that is supposed to improve the Media Server, which stinks, btw, and every time I try and update it, I get "cannot be updated completely, please try again after establishing Internet Connection"  I guess the connection I'm using right now to post this message doesn't count.  This problem has been posted on repeatedly for years, and also never fixed.  HOW DIFFICULT MUST THIS BE???  WHY CAN'T THE GENIUSES GET IT RIGHT??? 

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Boot Mount Error and Can't Update DTCP-IP On LS-VL STILL
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »

I apologize for any issues you are having. What is the FW revision you are currently on, and what is your serial number, MAC address number (12 digit), and full product number. Email me directly, drmemory@buffalotech.com with Forum DTCP-IP issue in the subject line..

davidsco27

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:40:46 AM »

I have gone through this several times already. You just released another new firmware, 1.6, which I can't even update, btw, and that STILL does not address these issues.  You replaced one drive and the Same problem exists on the replacement. IT IS a problem with your firmware. FIX IT!

davidsco27

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 08:41:40 AM »

DISK Error Notification

HDD error occurred
Disk(s) the error occurred:"Disk 1"

Disk cannot be mounted.

[LinkStationInformation]
LinkStationName: Server (LS-VL)
Time: 2012/07/30 09:24:12
Setting Screen: http://192.168.1.7/