Author Topic: Drive Station not working Model HD-CE1.0TU2  (Read 2662 times)

CABRAT

• Calf
Drive Station not working Model HD-CE1.0TU2
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:27:49 AM »

When I first got the unit and plugged it into my Toshiba Satellite Laptop A105 the unit booted up but the software did not upload. I tried a variety of ways to see if it was the USB port. I did repairs but I kept getting messages that all port were working. When I went into my control panel to add new hardware I would get a message that I could only add one device at a time which was what I kept getting each time I tried a repair and attempted to add the hardware. After several days I just gave up. Now I decided I would try to add it to my other laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5150. I did not get very far because once I unplugged the unit from the AC and went to plug it into another AC outlet it refused to turn on. I could her it attempt to start up and the LED light would come on then it shuts down. I tried this at least once for several days and now that is all it does.

I need to know what is happening. Note: I lost or misplaced my receipt. Thank you.

joe42

• Calf
Re: Drive Station not working Model HD-CE1.0TU2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:20:10 PM »

You tried plugging it into another AC adaptor? The hardware that comes with the device is very specific. If you're going to plug the unit into another power adaptor, make sure that the hardware matches the specifications.

There could be a good deal of things going wrong here. First off, it might not be getting enough power to it, which is why it would be powering down as soon as it boots up. When you initially connected it to your computer, did you get any sort of 'found new hardware' message? Did the device show up in the Disk Management utility?

If at this point it won't stay on then the unit could be dead on arrival. When did you buy it? Where did you buy it from? If you lost your receipt, most retail stores will keep credit card transactions. 

CABRAT

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 02:40:21 AM »
   The first outlet I plugged the unit into kept it working for several days. In fact it was on the entire time up until I unplugged it to move the unit over to another computer(dell). Upon attempting to plug the unit into a different outlet was unsuccessful, the unit refused to stay on. I will attempt to take the item back as I did pay with my debit card, in hopes that there is a transaction record held by the store and also my bank record. I will try this , thanks.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »

Cab,

Make sure that you unmount the unit before unplugging it.  Also make sure that it isn't being accessed when you unplug it.

I agree with Joe that it sounds like power irregularities (which could have also damaged the unit), especially if it has worked for days before that.