Author Topic: How many Wireless Clients supported  (Read 1544 times)

gwerner

• Calf
How many Wireless Clients supported
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »

I am trying to prepare for a small convention, I have purchased three of the WZR-HP-G300NH and have a few questions

1.  How many simultaneous connections per router should I expect each router to support using internet and email.

2.  Are there any conflicts, ssues or advantages to having more than one access point in the same large room (50 feet x 50 feet square)

3.  I am using another in a conference room as an access point, is there any way to access the configuration page once the device is in "Access Point" mode?

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: How many Wireless Clients supported
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »

I don't have a definite number but it should be fine, especially since the WZR has 64MB of RAM. It has the same proccessor speed and RAM as a Ubiquiti RocketM AP which is designed to handle more than 30 clients, so I'd guess it can handle more than 30 but can't guarantee that since I don't have 30 computers to test with.

There shouldn't be any problem once there are on different channels of course (1,6,11).

Yes you can still configure it in bridge (AP) mode, the default IP changes to 192.168.11.100 when in bridge mode.