Author Topic: Slow Internet Speeds Using WLI-TX4-G54  (Read 1372 times)

thecgmguy

• Calf
Slow Internet Speeds Using WLI-TX4-G54
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »

I currently have a WLI-TX4-G54HP ethernet converter running firmware version 2.53.

I have successfully connected it to my network (which features a D-Link DIR-625 router) and basic internet connectivity works however my cable internet speed through the ethernet converter appears to be limited to ~12 Mbps where as other wireless devices can get upwards of 20 Mbps (consistently).  I thought it might be the device that I have plugged into the ethernet converter so I took a laptop that normally gets faster speeds and tried using it through the converter and got the same slower speeds.

My wireless settings on the ethernet converter are set to:
- Infastructure
- 125* High Speed Mode
- 100% Wireless Output Power
- AES WPA-PSK

The wireless status for my connection shows 100% at 54 Mbps.

I'm confused on what may be causing the internet slowdown.  I've checked my router and don't see any QOS setting that could be affecting it.  

Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks,

M

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: Slow Internet Speeds Using WLI-TX4-G54
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »

It could also be a case of the signal being to strong at either end, try moving the ethernet converter further away or behind some obstacles and see if it helps.

thecgmguy

• Calf
Re: Slow Internet Speeds Using WLI-TX4-G54
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  The status report on the ethernet converter page show that signal strength is 100% and I can place a laptop in the same location and speeds are superior on the laptop.

As a test, I tried disabling 125* High Speed Mode.  That didn't seem to help but I'll monitor it some more.