Author Topic: cannot disable dnsmasq, always goes back to enabled on WZR-HP-AG300H  (Read 1372 times)

bangster

• Calf

Lucky me, I want to stream netflix on my iPod Touch and iPhone via my wireless network. I am using DD-WRT that came on the router.

I see the FAQ about needing to disable dnsmasq, however when I set it to disabled and try to save it and reboot the router, or apply changes, it always goes back to enabled. What am I missing? A number of other changes I have made stick, I had a similar issue with some other setting but eventually got it to change and save.

I finally had to put this in place of my other router because it wasn't able to keep up with VOIP and H.323 video products I use (I was using it as an access point because I had to work through a number of annoying issues, like the 2.4 gig radio stopping and dismal range). However I can no longer stream Netflix on my iOS devices.

buffuser

• Calf
Re: cannot disable dnsmasq, always goes back to enabled on WZR-HP-AG300H
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »

could it be that the switch on the router is set to auto and that functionality is re-enabling it?  not sure, i'm new :)

EDIT:  I noticed today that there is dnsmasq check box (for dhcp) on basic settings tab section as well as more settings under services.