Author Topic: problem w/ server -- WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 1373 times)

jgATL

• Calf
problem w/ server -- WZR-HP-G300NH
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »

I am having an issue on Mac OSX (Leopard and Snow Leopard) that only manifests itself on a wireless network.  The problem is that I cannot see any devices on the network when the mac is connected wirelessly.  I am able to get to the Internet either wired or wireless (secure and non-secure sites).  There is only one reserved IP address on the router for a server (WIndows Home Server).  This problem started when I changed the server to a reserved IP address.  

When I plug the Mac into a hardwired connect, all devices become visible in the Finder.  Devices on the wired network can see the Mac where it's connected wired or wireless (Windows or Macs).  

Router:  WZR-HP-G30 0NH

Firmware: 1.74

Network setup:  default, 192.168.1.1 (router), submask 255.255.255.0, first IP 192.168.1.2

PPPOE, DSL (bellsouth.net/att)

Security: WPA2

Using native airport networking in Mac (no addin card)

I have roughly 5 devices connecting for wireless and 15 connecting for wired.  I also have the NETBIOS workgroup set to "WORKGROUP" on the Mac.  Finally, I have a Windows7 laptop can see all of the network resources with no problem, wired or wireless.  So this seems to be mac specific.

One final thing.  I was having this issue on another router (since failed) equipped with DD-WRT.  I found a post (can't find it now) that gave a linux command to the router to allow the wireless and wired networks to see each other.  Why this "bridging" happens automatically on windows machines and not on macs is a mystery to me.  

Any help would be appreciated.

sethz

• El Toro
Re: problem w/ server -- WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 11:08:44 AM »

See if the same problem happens without any encryption on your network.