Author Topic: Router Blocking web sites?  (Read 5213 times)

filmprof

• Calf
Router Blocking web sites?
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »

Hi,

I have a WZR2-G300N router rev. 1.00_1.26.

There are certain websites that I cannot access.  If I disconnect the router and go directly into the Embarq DSL router, everything works OK.

Ideas?  Thanks

Message Edited by filmprof on 03-10-2009 12:36 PM

slpip

• Tatanka
Re: Router Blocking web sites?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »
   It must be the buffalo setup with some web site restriction.  I would reset the router and configure the router from scratch.  Just make sure to use different IP address for the Buffalo and set DHCP dynamic when piggy back with another router.

filmprof

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »

The only thing in the setup I can see that might be an issue are these settings in the firewall

Reject IDENT Requests

Block Ping from INTERNET 

And changing them doesn't seem to matter.  I have DHCP enabled....  and different IP addresses

Still stumped

Message Edited by filmprof on 03-13-2009 10:39 AM

slpip

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 03:06:05 PM »
   Most likely the firewall or NAT setting cause web sites blocking. If the router can't correct the web sites blocking, I would set the router as an access point.

Toad_S

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »
   I have the same problem too. Plus drop outs on wired and wireless. New firmware is way over due, so I'm not going to wait for new firmware that most likely is never comming. My solution was to get another (non buffalo) router. Now my family and I are happly.