Author Topic: Reset Terastation TS3400D for lost password will it reset the Raid...  (Read 3831 times)

Twhitmore

• Calf
Hi there I have a TeraStation TS3400D here at my work and one of the previous IT admins configured this unit but did not put the password into any of our password dbases.  Anyway, if we perform the reset on this unit I understand we will have to setup all of the config including IP address, permissions, rejoin domain...etc.  However will this reset also wipe out our current Raid that we have configured as there is about 4TB of data on there we don't want to lose?

I have backed up all the data just in case but I am worried I may have missed something also copying that much data back takes time so I would Ideally like to reset that admin password and then configure IP address and re-add to the domain.

Any suggestions?

In the manual it says the Init button on the front if held down for 3 seconds will reset only Admin username and password, network configurations, ssl, and security port to the factory defaults.  Just seeing if anyone else has done this and if in fact it doesn't touch the current Raid config.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Reset Terastation TS3400D for lost password will it reset the Raid...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 08:56:55 AM »
It does not affect the RAID.

Twhitmore

• Calf
Re: Reset Terastation TS3400D for lost password will it reset the Raid...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 03:49:26 PM »
Thank you very much sir I appreciate the response.

Now I will be able to get into this stupid box. :)