Author Topic: I want to learn more about uTorrent client in LinkStation?  (Read 1835 times)

hellods

• Calf
I want to learn more about uTorrent client in LinkStation?
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »

I have a plan to buy LinkStation Duo Enclosure next week, but I have a doubt in utorrent WebUI. It is very simply questioning man.

Can I select or deselect a separate file in .torrent that I want to download?

I hear some LinkStation conflict with WD hdd buffer 64mb or 4K sector drive. How should I know which model inapplicable when HDD installed? 

bnbt

• Calf
Re: I want to learn more about uTorrent client in LinkStation?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »

It is the same web user interface as the PC client, which is a little different than the native windows interface.  So that means, when you add a torrent there is not pop-up dialog asking you where to put the files or which individual files to download.  It will add the torrent and then begin the download of all files immediately, unless you have changed the settings in the preferences to add the torrent in a stopped state.  To only download certain files in a torrent, you can right click in the files tab and choose a priority of "don't download".  There's an extra step, but the functionality is all there.

jackal14075

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 09:18:20 PM »

Has anybody had problems with not being able to change the priority in the uTorrent client? As is expected the torrents start with all files having normal prioirty, but when I right click to change the priority to anything other than normal it jsut ignores my command??

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »

Linkstations are not running uTorrent, they are just using it as a web interface.

Yes, you an select individual files for download.

Recent firmwares support 4K sector size. 

There is recommended harddisk lisk in the Asian web site.

darrylsh

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »

Right clicking priority  brings up the menu, but clicking them does nothing.  However, instead of right-clicking, double-clicking toggles to the next option.