Author Topic: Problem Connecting Blackberry Torch with AOSS  (Read 1533 times)

efpoland

• Calf
Problem Connecting Blackberry Torch with AOSS
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »

I am using Firmware DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US on my new Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Router.

I have had no problem connecting my two Toshiba laptops to wireless using AOSS.  Both are Windows 7.  One is 64-bit, the other 32-bit.

My problem is connection my Blackberry 9800 torch.  I have no problem connecting the Blackberry to my old Frontier Telephone wireless router, but I want to stop using that 11g system and move everything to my new Buffalo wireless.  

My Blackberry sees the new Buffalo wireless and offers to set it up using Wi-Fi Protected Setup.  It tells me to push the AOSS button on the Buffalo router, which I do, then I click Start on the Blackberry screen to start the AOSS connection process.  It tries for two and a half minutes, then tells me that it was unable to make the connection.  

I have a similar problem with my Panasonic TV which uses a wireless adaptor and connects to my old Frontier wireless router without any problem.  When I try to connect it to my new Buffalo router, it also fails.  The Panasonic TV also recognizesWi-Fi Protected Setup, wants me to push the router AOSS button, which I did, but the it also fails to connect.

I have to think the problems are related.

Thoughts?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Problem Connecting Blackberry Torch with AOSS
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:45 AM »

I would try and just set it up with standard WPA2 encryption. Those two devices may not full support AOSS. You might want to also check with the manufacter of those devices to see if they do support it.

efpoland

• Calf
Re: Problem Connecting Blackberry Torch with AOSS
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 03:30:35 PM »

I think I have solved this problem by moving from the Professional Firmware to the User-Friendly Firmware.

I reloaded with the User Friendly and now I can connect everything I have tried.

Problem closed.