Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300N/DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US/port-forwarding/MAC-cloning  (Read 3456 times)

shoutbox

• Calf

Greetings@buffalo!

Please let me know if this is a known bug. All the devices in question are behind UPS, but there have been poweroffs due to recent thunderstorms.

Here is what happens: I clone the MAC Address to get a static IP from ISP. This setting seems to be lost every time the device needs to be powered off. So Here I go and make a half an hour road trip there and back to get the real IP back and the mail server behind the router online again.

Another issue is with port forwarding. Not even my good will let me access my mail server port 25 even though it is available locally. The web interface is pretty straight forward. Maybe there is some command line magic to both these issues?

I'd hate to get any more down time for the server.

Yours, shoutbox

shoutbox

• Calf
Re: WHR-HP-G300N/DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US/port-forwarding/MAC-cloning
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »

Replaced G300N with G300NH.

Situation is exactly the same :(

Aveyer

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »

Try updating to the latest Buffalo DD-WRT firmware for (WHR-HP-G300N)  and for (WZR-HP-G300NH).

Port forwarding works correctly on DD-WRT but NAT Loopback is currently not working, there is a code which might help.

shoutbox

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 03:20:33 AM »

Cheers for the reply Aveyer!

I believe I can live with this, since the router is otherwise suberb.

I will just let ISP know of a changed MAC address(router default) and let the port 25 be. The mail flows in although diagnosing by telnet is impossible remotely.