Author Topic: Linkstation Duo LS-WX1.0TL/R1 Password Reset.  (Read 505 times)

HeyYou

• Calf
Linkstation Duo LS-WX1.0TL/R1 Password Reset.
« on: January 02, 2022, 01:01:39 PM »
My linkstation suddenly decided that it wasn't going to allow me to log in, or access any of the shares on it. Trying to log in via the web interface, tells me my password isn't any good. I have tried doing the reset with the Function button, but, that doesn't do anything at all. I get the flashing blue function lite, but, pushing the button again, does nothing, and nothing resets either. Tried it multiple times, to no avail. Tried flashing the firmware, but, it wants a password.... I keep seeing folks referring to a "Emergency Mode Firmware update", however, none of the links work. (and not even the wayback machine can bring anything up.) So far, I am batting a big, fat, zero.... I read rumors of a password reset utility, and contacted Buffalo support about it, but, it's been several days, and no word back from them. Not even an acknowledgement that I submitted a support request... Granted, it IS the holidays.... so maybe early this week?? Here's hoping.

I have also seen methods for data recovery, as I am sure the drives are good, just the station itself seems to be annoyed with me. I see references to recovery software, UFSSomethingorother, but, it appears they want 150 bucks for that. There is a free download link, but, no mention of whether it will actually recover the data, or, just show it to you, and demand money to recover it. (that, and I would have to move the drives to another PC..... which I can do, if necessary.)

Went looking for the password reset utility from any alternate locations, but, found absolutely nothing. That rather surprised me..... :)

In any event, I am looking for alternate options here, or any other suggestions on either how to recover my data, or, convince Mr. Linkstation to straighten up, and fly right.