Author Topic: Unable to keep connection to widows share  (Read 1172 times)

Mozy

• Calf
Unable to keep connection to widows share
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »

TeraStation TS-RX4.0L/R5 firmware version 1.30

I'm hoping someone can help with a problem I'm having keeping shares accesible from my users.

The problem is that every once in a while certain users will lose access to a share on the device with an error message

Windows cannot access <path> check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click diagnose.

Details: error code 0x80070035

After rebooting access is restored..until it is lost again.

The TeraStation is part of domain X (Windows 2008) however the users that have a problem are in domain Y (2008 R2). All users are running Windows 7 64-bit. There is a trust set up between domain X and Y.

Do I have any chance of fixing this?

I've already tried the group policy fix (LAN Manager authentication Level = Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session if security negotiated).

I've thought about maybe moving the TS into domain Y. Any other ideas? However, I do have users in domain X that need access though not as heavy as the other domain.

TIA

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Unable to keep connection to widows share
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »

First thing you should do is update the firmware to 1.50 and then initialize the unit from system and then restore/erase.

Mozy

• Calf
Re: Unable to keep connection to widows share
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:58:33 AM »

I'll post back once I have done that. Probably won't be until the weekend when I can get all the users off.