Author Topic: Unable to join TS-TGL to AD domain  (Read 3879 times)

geseymour

• Calf
Unable to join TS-TGL to AD domain
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:42:05 AM »
     I am unable to join an older acquired TS-TGL unit to our AD domain. Here is the error message;

TeraStation failed to join the designated domain.
Confirm the Domain Name and the Domain Controller Name values.
A Computer Account for the TeraStation must exist on the designated Domain Controller.

I did verify the DN and DCN values as I joined a new TS3400 yesterday with the same values. I verified the computer account was created on the DC. I can only enter values in the Domain Name and Domain Controller Name as the AD fields are greyed out. I also verified the TS time and DC time are the same. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Unable to join TS-TGL to AD domain
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 11:13:43 AM »
Primary DNS is set to be the IP of the DC right? What OS is the DC? And what firmware is the TS?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

geseymour

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 12:40:29 PM »
There is only one DNS Server address field and it is set to the DC's IP address. OS on the DC is Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2. Firmware on the TS is 1.03.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 03:34:46 PM »
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

geseymour

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply... I tried last week to update the firmware and then again today from your link. I run the NASUpdater and it finds the TS showing name and ip address. It has ? for the menu fields and the three boxes at the bottom. Can you tell me which button is correct?

[attachment deleted by admin]

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »
The button on the left.

geseymour

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »
I clicked on the left most button and it posted a message that was not readable... I pressed OK and it displayed a progress bar that completed. The firmware still shows 1.03. Is there something keeping the unit from updating?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup

geseymour

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
thank you texturtle, your link worked and i was able to read the popup panel. it was telling me to turn off firewall, i did and the update worked (1.04). i was able to successfully join the AD domain. i deleted the two test folders that were created on the unit and recreated another one to try. i am still not able to access the shared folder after giving my login name the permission on the folder. any ideas?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »
What error do you get?

geseymour

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »
Open Folder - \\TS-TGL9F2\TestJunk is not accessible... See attachment. If I disable the "access restrictions" then all users can access the shared folder, but when I try to enable with only a select few domain users it will post the error message.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 05:52:47 AM »
404 - Attachment Not Found

geseymour

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Open Folder - \\TS-TGL9F2\TestJunk is not accessible...

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »
Lol you have multiple different shares connected using different credentials, talk to your network admin.

Basically, to test this, unmap ALL network shares ( not only ones from the TS ), restart the PC then map the TS share using the user credentials from the DC.