Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 47042 times)

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »

the LS-XHL just got a new firmware revision 1.10 for iphone issue

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/

Livingdog

• Calf
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »
   ... and this firmware ver. this will work with the Linksttion Pro Duo currently running 3.09?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »
No, it is for the LS-XHL (Linkstation Pro with XHL - this has a different chipset than the LS Pro Duo).
Message Edited by drmemory on 06-15-2009 01:47 PM

tboo

• Calf
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »
   Thanks , that's good news. Will the Quad also receive this update?

jeffla

• Tatanka
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2009, 01:51:21 PM »

Installing as we speak.  Can't wait for iphone support to finally work.

Jeff

***and as expected, it works.  My iphone finally connects to the LS***

Thank you Buffalo for fixing this issue.  As you are well aware, it really ticked me off.

Message Edited by jeffla on 06-15-2009 02:09 PM

rinthos

• Buffalo
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2009, 06:27:33 PM »

Any news on 1.10 and 3.10 for Linkstation Pro Duo to resolve this?

Again, both are available in Japan > 3 months...any way we can use the Japan versions?

Please advise as this is 1 of 3 issues that is acting as a large nuisance for our ls pro duo.

Thanks!

mrplow

• Calf
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2009, 09:51:58 AM »
   When will we see the Linkstation Live (LS-CHL) update?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2009, 10:39:56 AM »

LinkStation Quad Firmware update for iphone and webaccess improvement, has been posted on the buffalo download site: http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/

This is FW revision 1.10. Update your firmware if you are having issues using your iphone and web access to reach your files on the LS-Quad

morrisb2

• Calf
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2009, 07:25:47 AM »

Any word when an update will be available for the LS-WSGL/R1 (Mini)?

Thanks, great product so far...

rcdoms

• Calf
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »

Hi everyone,

Just had my LS-CHL and like everyone i can't make use of my iphone for web access.

Is it possible that upon log-in into web-access it automatically loads default share folder where in permission is limited? When i say default share folder, i'm pertaining to the "share" folder that came pre-installed.

Can we delete that default share folder if we already have other folders? 

Just a thought....

rcdoms

• Calf
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »

Hello,

I was able to make mine work. Seems my theory had some sense. The "share" folder in the Web Access>Folder Setup must be set to Allow Anonymous to make it work.

Even though it works i think this should still be fixed. It doesn't make sense that the web-access is so dependent on the "share" folder. What if the "share" folder is deleted? I reckon without the "share" folder the web-access might not work.

Tech Support... can you confirm this please? If i delete my "share"  folder would it be a big problem?

Where can we reset the default directory accessed by "web-access"?

Thanks

Message Edited by rcdoms on 07-03-2009 10:53 AM

MaxWild

• Calf
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »

rcdoms

I think you are recreating the workaround proposed by thierryg92 on  03-19-2009 11:43 PM;

thierryg92 wrote:

HI

ls mini V 1.06

just a trick that must be confirm to bypass the "user is not allowed to access this share" message

Create ą share folder without access restrictions, allow web access anonymously to this folder.

try to connect with safari to buffalonas.com, you get automatically on this folder and a login button is accessible...log with your login/password...and now you can access your datas without the "user is not allowed to access this share" message.

It works for me with IRIS browser, a SAFARI based browser for windows mobile...

Confim me if that works for you too !!!

rcdoms

• Calf
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »

Hi MaxWild,

Never really had thorough reading around, but yeah it is like that. I just think the web-access was developed to access the share folder by default causing the problem.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2009, 08:05:38 AM »
If there were detrimental consequences for deleting the share folder then you wouldn't have the option of doing so ;).  Furthermore, the web access utility was developed to allow whichever root folder you specified to have access to them.  This setting is of course determined in the Share Folder Setup section of the Web Access options.

rcdoms

• Calf
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »

Simply disabling web-access for the "share" folder under Web Access>Folder Setup>Web Access Settings results to the same problem (only works with Allow Anonymous), what more if it was missing? So... "detrimental consequences" ... ??? I'd say so. :smileywink:

I guess the web-access utility has a problem then because even if i didn't set user X1 to have access to "share" folder, it's still trying to be loaded with Web Access. Again, seems to be the cause of the problem.

I guess it may be a bug and that's why we're trying to investigate. Try not to be mislead by something obvious and maybe do some investigation yourself.

Message Edited by rcdoms on 07-04-2009 08:23 PM