Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 47042 times)

freakthemighty

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2009, 04:05:56 AM »

hey there......same problem with new iphone 3gs and firmware 3.0 on the iphone and firmware 3.07 on the linkstation pro duo 1tb

user is not allowed to access this share 

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2009, 08:39:46 AM »

and the linkstation live (LS-CH1.0TL) with firmware 1.07 is still not accessible with an iphone 3gs and firmware 3.0, too!

user is not allowed to access this share 

rcdoms

• Calf
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2009, 07:57:50 PM »

Hi freakthemighty,

Did you try setting the "share" folder in web-access as "Allow Anonymous"? Try doing that and test it out again.

My setup is the following;

LS-CH1.0TL firmware 1.07

iPhone 3.0

web-access "share" folder set to "Allow Anonymous"

I have 2 other folders named public and private set to allow access to users/groups under the web-access utility page.

jeffla

• Tatanka
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »

One thing you guys can try is go to: 192.168.20.108:9050

Of course you replace my linkstation's ip address with yours.  Basically in the end, the web access to the iphone and the twonky media server look/work identical.  Before buffalo fixed the iphone support for the xhl I just went to the :9050 address and streamed media that way.  Once they fixed the :9000 web access for the iphone, they pretty much work the same.  They are not the same, but close enough.

Try out the :9050, and when they eventually fix the :9000 web access you will see that web access on the iphone looks almost the same.  Web access on the iphone is not at all like it is on a pc.

Hope this makes sense.

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2009, 06:12:50 AM »

this works!

setting the share folder to "allow anonymous" brings me access to the ls live with an iphone....not the way it should work,but a way it could.

do you have access to your "allow all groups and users" folders with your iphone?

also yesterday i got my timemachine working.

here are my setups:

on the adminpage under timemachine i typed in my computername / not longer than 9 letters and without a space (system/sharing/computername) with my ethernetadress copied and pasted (system/network/more options/ethernet)...

then i pressed apply and it took about 3 minutes to create a .sparsebundle on an folder that is not setup for webaccess and that is password secured....after that i started timemachine, entered the password and timemachine needed about 4 hours to backup 116gb of data.

so....itunes server is working.....bittorrent is working (for security reasons: with a folder that is not setup for webaccess)....timemachine is working...and i get unsecured access to the hd with an iphone...

better than yesterday! 

MaxWild

• Calf
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2009, 06:26:41 AM »
   I suspect you will find this is nothing to do with the default 'share' folder specifically. As long as at least 1 folder allows anonymous access then the iPhone browsing works (as per earlier posted workarounds).

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2009, 06:40:58 AM »
   @jeffla: There are two bugs reported in this thread : the 'cannot acces folder'  problem and the 'SSL stream' problem. To which one are you referring ? What problem is solved when using port 9050 ?

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:53 PM »

exactly this is what i meant....sorry, if it sounds different to you

if one is set to anonymous the iphone gets through and the other folder permissions (all groups and users) work

rcdoms

• Calf
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »

Freakthemighty... do you have a folder named "share" or you've defined new folders? Just curious.

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2009, 02:58:35 AM »

both. i have a folder called share (allow anonymous) and two other folders (one is not set-up for webaccess and one is set-up to allow all groups/users)

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2009, 08:31:54 AM »

Can anyone at Buffalo tell me why there are firmware updates for two other models of the linkstation and not for the CHL ??

cpressey

• Calf
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2009, 06:13:16 PM »

I, too, am unable to get my iPhone 3G (Software v 3.0) to connect to my LS-WGTL/R1-V3 (Linkstation Pro Duo 2GB).

I have tried the "fix" suggested of creating one shared folder with anoymous access enabled, and that does not work for me.  I am eternally presented with the "User is not allowed to access this share" error.

My setup is as follows:

Firmware 3.09

Shared Folder Service Setup Appletalk: Enable

Shared Folder Service Setup FTP Server: Enable

Shared Folder Setup Support: windows, Apple, FTP

Shared Folder Attributes: Read/Write

Recycle Bin: Disable

Access Restrictions Enabled

Group: (A group of users for my network) with read/write access

User: All users in above group have also been given read/write access

Web Access Folder Settings: Allow All Groups/Users

Web Access Servce: Enable

HTTPS/SSL: Disable

use Buffalo NAS: Enabled

UPnP: Disable

External Port: 9000

** Addendum

I have disabled all authorization, enabled anonymous access, restarted the entire Linkstation....   and still unable to login on iphone.

Does 3.08 firmware confirm as working for iphone? will downgrading to 3.08 result in any data loss?  

Message Edited by cpressey on 07-26-2009 06:32 PM

PeteD

• Calf
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »

Ok, so when is this going to get fixed?

I sent a mail to Buffalo about this and got no reply whatsover!

I'm getting really F^(Łed off with Buffalo over this now. Nothing seems to be being done about it. They have released a firmware update for a later hardware version, but nothing for the original V1. Seeling a product avertised as having a feature that it clearly does not have is illegal in the UK!

I wont be buying a Buffalo product again if this is what we can expect from them!

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »

cpressey - 3.10 fixes the 3.09 iphone/webaccess issue for LS-WGTL/R1

MaxWild

• Calf
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2009, 02:39:49 PM »

cpressey wrote:

I, too, am unable to get my iPhone 3G (Software v 3.0) to connect to my LS-WGTL/R1-V3 (Linkstation Pro Duo 2GB).

I have tried the "fix" suggested of creating one shared folder with anoymous access enabled, and that does not work for me.  I am eternally presented with the "User is not allowed to access this share" error.

Does 3.08 firmware confirm as working for iphone? will downgrading to 3.08 result in any data loss?  

I reported a while back that my Pro Duo fixed this issue by going back to 3.08. No data loss occurs as the downgrade only changes the system partition, not the data partitions.