Author Topic: Weird - Unsupported Characters preventing downloads, uploads, or deletions!  (Read 102 times)

JoeAsheville

• Calf
  • Trying vainly to avoid PEBKAC/ID10T errors...
So here's a weird one. Years ago I did a batch upload of files to the Terastation. Fast forward to now, I've attempted to download some of these files and have discovered some of the nested filenames used a "null" (zero with a slash) instead of an "O" or even a zero ("0"). I couldn't download any of these files, so I resorted to offsite backups to replace them. However, I've also discovered that the files cannot be deleted off the Terastation. Additionally, the file folder has a null in the filename, I can't even add anything! To throw additional salt in the wound...the Terastation is not allowing renaming. If I could rename, I believe I could delete...but no dice.

So, I don't care about deleting the files because I have backups. I DO care about the files being on the server, as they're taking up space and potentially could cause problems later. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with these files, using Linux/XFS filing system commands or ???