Author Topic: ts-qvhl do not remember admin password  (Read 629 times)

jmcvickar

• Calf
ts-qvhl do not remember admin password
« on: April 21, 2022, 10:23:50 AM »
I have an older ts-qvhl that a few years ago I had reset the admin password but do not recall what it is.  I have user access to the device but no access to the shares/data.  I've researched online and seems like there are a few ideas but most are beyond my technical knowledge or systems I have available (Linux).

I have attempted several times to restart with the reset button pushed and seems to initiate the system but does not reset the password.
I have contacted support but not heard back yet to see if they have a utility (something mentioned on a post I found but not necessarily for this specific model)

I am unable to update the firmware and unable to access the data. 

Anyone successfully reset admin password on this model before and would you kindly share how you did it?

Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: ts-qvhl do not remember admin password
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 11:13:24 AM »
Do you need the data?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jmcvickar

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 11:39:12 AM »
Ideally I'd like a chance to review the data as I'm not sure if I have good backups - critical data is stored elsewhere but had hoped there would be a utility to reset the password so I could at least get on and look.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 09:11:42 AM »
messing with the OS via a ubuntu live image as I've described elsewhere on this forum or a full reinstall are the only ways I'm familiar with off hand. I think some models reset the admin password via the reset button and some don't (I believe whatever the manual says).

The data would also be accessible if you booted it into a Linux environment.

I am assuming this is a TS-QVHL (linux-based firmware) as you said and not the WS version running windows.