Author Topic: HELP! Old TeraStation Issue  (Read 621 times)

Midwestrcr116

• Calf
HELP! Old TeraStation Issue
« on: February 07, 2022, 07:59:34 PM »
Hello All,

My stepfather recently gave me a TeraStation TS-QVH8.0/R6 for Christmas. I am using it for my Plex storage. When he gave it to me it had 4 2TB HDD's however 1 was bad. So I made due with what I had and made a RAID 5 of the remaining 3 drives. Got all my data transferred all was good. Beginning of this year I got a drive to replace the bad one and started the process to add it to the RAID. However during this process we had a brown out due to a snow storm. Got it powered back on logged on to the GUI and verified it was rebuilding. Over the next couple days I watched the GUI for the progress. The last I check it was at 28% rebuilt as of Saturday Feb 5th. However yesterday and today the online GUI will not load. I cant even get to the login portion. I can still see my NAS on NAS Navigator but cannot open any folders as it was rebuilding. All I want to know, "Is all my data most likely lost? If not do I wait the 10 plus days to hope it will reload?" Just want some guidance as I don't want to wait a ton of time just to realize it is not actually rebuilding anything and all my data is lost.

Thanks ahead of time all

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: HELP! Old TeraStation Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 07:28:42 AM »
Reboot it and check the status again, 50/50 as to weither the data will still be accessible or not.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

JoeAsheville

• Calf
  • Trying vainly to avoid PEBKAC/ID10T errors...
Re: HELP! Old TeraStation Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 09:21:12 AM »
Did this turn out satisfactorily?