Author Topic: Using a 1TB Thumb Drive with a TS3410DN  (Read 554 times)

dicknite

• Calf
Using a 1TB Thumb Drive with a TS3410DN
« on: August 28, 2021, 07:38:36 PM »
I have two TS3410DN Terastations on my network that I use primarily as backup storage for different computers. Some file storage, but mainly just backups with Acronis.
Both are operating flawlessly but I've used computers long enough (1980's) to know better than to believe that if it's working now, it will later!
I bought a few 1TB SandDisk thumb drives thinking I could use them as a place to save the latest backups of each computer. Since the TeraStations say they can access their USB ports for backup to a USB drive, I thought I'd use that instead of doing a copy across the network to a computer that has the thumb on it - you know, replication error possibilities, time, laziness...
Thinking now, since when I plug them in (formatted as either xFat or NTFS) nothing gets recognized, that maybe the USB ports can't recognize flash/thumb drives...
Are the USB ports on the back of a TS3410 able to recognize a thumb/flash drive, or only actual USB drives?
Any suggestions?

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: Using a 1TB Thumb Drive with a TS3410DN
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 08:33:21 PM »
I think the manual covers this in detail, but I think you may need to insert them unformatted and let the device do the formatting...or something like that.