Author Topic: Turning off The LinkStation LS-LGL  (Read 11605 times)

ydnas

• Calf
Turning off The LinkStation LS-LGL
« on: November 11, 2008, 04:59:55 PM »

Bought my linkstation yesterday, set it up and works great. But When i tried to turn it off on the back (because the fan noise is annoying) the unit would seem to only reset, rather than shut down. Is there a particular way i have to press the button? Short press, hold it for 10 seconds or something like that.

Is there even a way you can turn it on and off remotely?

Thanks in advance!

thedealman

• Calf
Re: Turning off The LinkStation LS-LGL
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 05:33:30 PM »
   The on/off switch is on the front, right side.

ydnas

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:33:02 PM »
   the on/off switch is actually on the back. is there any way to turn it on and off remotely?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »
Login to the interface and turn it off from the software, (the correct way to do it) its under maintenance.

waz

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 08:29:13 PM »

Paul, in which software interface will I find the "maintenance" option, it's not in the NAS Navigator 2.11 I am using, the olny way I can turn off my LS-LGL is to pull the plug.

Also the web interface is in Japanese, can I change this to english.

thanks.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 03:33:38 PM »

Paul is mistaken, he must have been having a long day when he answered that :)

There is no section in the web interface except the webaccess setup on this model. Resetting the device to defaults is only performed with the Reset button on the back, near the power button. There is no way that we know of to switch the language back, unfortunately. I would recommend calling your local support to get a warranty replacement.

waz

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 12:23:46 AM »
   Colin, the language doesn't bother me, but, how do I turn it off, besides just pulling the plug, there is nothing in the manual about powering down/turning off.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 10:12:01 AM »
Holding down the power button for a couple seconds should start the shutdown process. You can see if its beginning to shut down if the power light is blinking after you do that. If that isn't working, there is something wrong with the hardware, most likely.