Author Topic: Now it works W7 now it dont W8  (Read 1265 times)

Umbongo27

• Calf
Now it works W7 now it dont W8
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »

Ok here we go.

On Win 7 64bit Ulitmate, ive got 2 nas's 1)LS-WXL (IP169.254,SM255.255.0.0) and 2)LS-VHL v2(IP169.254SM255.255.0.0) both worked fine on auto start mode, they both start fine, stay on and when PC turned off the nas's turn off, not one problem...

Both nas are connected to a 1 NIC which hs 2 ethernet ports in other words 1 card which has 2 nics within it, since moving to W8 64bit with fresh install the nas's do not start up when windows starts not at all until i put them into manual mode..

Once they are started via manual mode and flip the switch to automode they both shut down... Could it be the something with the address of the nas's do not like the subnet mask, as im sure the second nas was once complaining about it looking for 255.255.255.0 which presumbly for the router.

Ive checked firewall, services, nic drivers, upgraded the firmware on both nas's all sorts. i did notice i think when i pulled out one fo the cables from one of my nas's the other starts automatically in automode of course, cant remember which one.

Guys i really really need your help, ive been looking at this for 2-3 days now,