Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation failing to back with Time machine  (Read 1429 times)

EmmaDavies09

• Calf
Buffalo Linkstation failing to back with Time machine
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:00:05 AM »

I'll be honest with you I am pretty computer illiterate...if you can help me please try and use as little jargon as possible.!...if that is is possible! I was using Timemachine to back up my 320gb macbook pro on a Linkstation Live (2Tb LS-XL). It worked fine for a while and I was backing it up for the first time in stages. It was taking so long I physically couldn't leave the laptop back up without needing to take it to work. I backed up around 140gb and everything was going fine...however I turned the computer on to continue the backup and got this message "The backup disk image “/Volumes/share/Emma Davies’s MacBook Pro.sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error -1)." I have absolutely no idea what this means. I tried updating the firmware in case one of my housemates turned off the linkstation by mistake but that didn't work. I can't open Timemachne either to view the back ups . Each time I do that system preferences crasehes and I have to force quit. Like I said it was working fine but now has stopped. Also...when I access the Linkstation it says that only 30gb have been used however two days ago I had uploaded around 140gb to it. The firmware I am using is 1.64. I'll be honest I have no idea what that means. It just said to write that on here! Please help as my laptop is full and I really need to back this up to make some space! Thanks, Emma