Author Topic: Vista cannot access Terastation Pro II RackMount, XP can???  (Read 3343 times)

tlmurray

• Calf
Vista cannot access Terastation Pro II RackMount, XP can???
« on: April 07, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »
   I have a Terastation Pro II RackMount attached to my network.  It is a large network with many AD entries so I am utilitzing authentication by turning on the "Delegate Authority to External SMB Server" option.  I have all the other options checked.  Everything is working fine on the Windows XP computers/users.  However, my machine is a VISTA machine and I have a few others with VISTA, as well.  None of the VISTA machines can connect to the share.  All the XP machines can.  When I change back to "Delegate Authority to TeraStation" I can access the share on my VISTA machine, however, I am prompted for a usename and password.  I type the local admin username and password and I'm able to access the share.  Does VISTA not work with the share when the "Delegate Authority to External SMB Server" option is turned on?  Is there anything I can do to solve my access issues?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

tlmurray

• Calf
Re: Vista cannot access Terastation Pro II RackMount, XP can???
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »

I fixed my issue by changing registry settings.  I found the information in another thread, here is what I did to fix the issue:

davo wrote:

open the protocols you have installed for ipv4 on the LAN card and let me know ALL the ones that are listed. Have you changed the registery:

1. Run the Local Security Policy app - secpol.msc

2. Go to Local Policies | Security Options and choose the ?Network Security: LAN Manager Authentican Level? item

3. Set it to ?Send LM & NLTM, use NTMLv2 session if negotiated?