Author Topic: Port Forwarding issue on WZR-HP-G300NH2  (Read 3549 times)

galandilias

• Calf
Port Forwarding issue on WZR-HP-G300NH2
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »

Hi,

Recently I have bought Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 firmware build 19154 (latest) and have set up port forwarding to expose my home http server (port 80) and SSH daemon (port 22), server is working as I can reach it from outside i.e. using GSM connection from my phone or connecting from my work. The problem is when I am connected to the routers LAN with my PC and I want to access my http server  - than page is unreachable, same happens when I try to connect to sshd from my LAN. I have tried accessing it with its DNS name and with router external IP address with no effect :/ when I use local IP address or local name everything works fine. Earlier when I was using Linksys WRT54-GL with DD-WRT installed I was able to access my server both from LAN and from Internet in a same way... Anyone have some ideas? Is there some kind of DNS isolation in Buffalo or what?

galandilias

• Calf
Re: Port Forwarding issue on WZR-HP-G300NH2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »

Another hint - when I ping from my server to its own local IP Address (192.168.11.34) I get the result and when I ping it using its name (mnet-proliant) I get no response..

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 07:55:25 AM »

Search the forum for "NAT loopback" save the command on the routers firewall and it will resolve your issue.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

galandilias

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »

Is Buffalo working on fix to this? Will there be a firmware update with that fix?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:04:22 AM »

no, its an options that just not enabled.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 05:40:19 AM »

I don't know if buffalo in particular is working on a fix for this, but the dd-wrt community builds have this fix in it, considering buffalo's dd-wrt branch in based off the community build branch, i would think this fix will be in any questionable unit's firmware update, that is whenever buffalo decides to release a new one.