Author Topic: LS410D0301 bittorrent crash  (Read 3616 times)

evgenyr

• Calf
LS410D0301 bittorrent crash
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:29:13 AM »
Hi,

I just bought LS410D0301.
Firmware  1.31-0.92
I have an issue with bittorent.
Download is started and approximately with speed 4Mb and after 5 mins I have an error in my web browser that "Unable to communicate with your bittorrent client. This message will disappear automatically when a connection will re-established"
Closed browser, opened again but connection with bittorent to myip:9090/gui could not be established. No reply but to http://myip/root.html I can connect and it shows that bittorent is not running but enabled. The only way to recover is to reboot linkstation. But disconnect will happen again.
Please help to resolve the issue. Bittorent integration was one of my main concerns to buy buffalo linkstaion.
This is my second linkstation. With first one LS-CHL I was very happy.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 06:34:06 AM by evgenyr »

lnmquan

• Calf
Re: LS410D0301 bittorrent crash
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »
Hi evgenyr
I bought LS-421DE and get same problems with you. I try check all settings and reset factory, format HDD. And when I change config of bittorrent:
Settings > Bittorrent: Uncheck these:
- Enable DHT Netnork.
- Enable DHT for new torrents.
This issue is resolved. Can you try and give me result?

lnmquan

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:50:29 PM »
If this issue still happen, you can only uncheck:  Enable Local Peer Discovery.

Ygor

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 05:25:08 AM »
Disabling DHT is not a very good idea, because it is a crucial part of bitTorrent network.

My research showed that the root cause of this and similar problems is a CPU overheat, because Buffalo designers decided to save on a cooling system and left CPU naked. So we have to do their work for them.

First step is to turn fan backwards to make it pump air inside. This will make your device a little bit more stable, but that is not enough.

Second step is to put a heatsink on a CPU. I ordered some 20x20x10 on eBay and while length and width were perfect, height however was too big, so I had to cut it a little bit (http://gelerion.tk/images/LS421DE.jpg). I can say, that 7mm height is max, otherwise you will not be able to put case back on.

So I use my modified LS421DE for more than two weeks and didn't have a single crash since.
Hope this will help someone.

(Sorry for my English, it is not my native language)