Author Topic: TS3400 - Drive 3 error 30 Replace Drive  (Read 1102 times)

georgem1956

• Calf
TS3400 - Drive 3 error 30 Replace Drive
« on: January 06, 2023, 08:01:35 AM »
I've had this happen before on Drive 4. I replaced the drive, the system rebuilt it and everything was fine. Not so on Drive 3. I've tried two new drives, each time it sees the drive but still considered it bad. I've pushed the function button until the beep, no luck. My question, can I try to recovery the array from admin GUI? I'm guessing I have a controller problem but thought I'd give the GUI a shot. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

George

georgem1956

• Calf
Re: TS3400 - Drive 3 error 30 Replace Drive
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 09:55:39 AM »
Ok, found a work around on this one. Turns out I had to format the new drive first through the Set Up GUI for the terra station. Go in to DRIVES, select the drive and click format. This is a little convoluted since once formatted the raid array wouldn't use it, but the error 30 went away and the TS3400 recognized the drive as not being in a failed state. To get it back in the array I had to dismount it then remount (Scan Disk), again through the Set Up GUI. Once remounted is showed as unformatted again but not error 30'd. I went back into the RAID setup, selected the now unformatted drive, and did a Recover Array. It rebuilt the Array and now all is well.

Hope this helps someone else.