Author Topic: FIX: Sonos Will Not Index / Add Linkstation LS2120D Public Music Folder!  (Read 1702 times)

Lanoon7

• Calf
Problem: Linkstation LS210D hosting collection/library of mp3 files on a public Music folder. Sonos could NOT access and index the folder.

Bottom Line: the default Linkstation setting ("switch automatically between SMB1 and SMB2") precluded access. Change to SMB1 fixed setting and voila! (I may try to change now to ONLY SMB2; I have since read Sonos will be fine with that setting as well; it's the auto switching setting that is the problem.)

(I did set a static ip, turned off antivirus during testing, made sure I could mount that folder and even map it as a drive to my windows network and I could play my files accessing them using the native Microsoft Media Player. But the above setting precluded Sonos from accessing/finding/indexing.)

There is a post by me on the Sonos forum with others describing related issues with the Linkstation LS210D an Sonos."Sonos Suddenly Cannot Find Music Library Buffalo LS201D".

This small NAS device is PERFECT for using Sonos music library. Just a single setting to watch.

By the way, I had SUPERB assistance from Buffalo NAS tech Brandon even though we missed this issue.

UPDATE: Did change to SMB2, which allows indexing just fine. If you have Sonos S2, a better option. Just do NOT choose the auto-switching option for SMB.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:27:34 PM by Lanoon7 »