Author Topic: Sign this petition maybe we can get an updated media server  (Read 3594 times)

ondrovic

• Calf
Sign this petition maybe we can get an updated media server
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:18:50 AM »

Update our Firmware

I made this petition to help us get an updated firmware with a newer version of the twonky media server. Pleas sign maybe it will make a difference

ondrovic

• Calf
Re: Sign this petition maybe we can get an updated media server
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »

I don't understand from a business perspective why you (Buffalo) as a company wouldn't want to keep your products updated with new features as they are available. It should be about making you customers happy not having your customers have to vote on new features that should be kept up with. Example I purchased a LS-QL R5 last year because I wanted a network storage drive that everyone could use. Now there hasn't been a firmware update since 2009-06-17 according to your website. It will soon be 2 years since you have pushed an update to provide more features for us customers. I don't want to step on any toes but it just doesn't make good business sense to not make this available. I spoke to Twonky and they said all we had to do was ask you since it is embedded on your NAS drives and you should be able to provide us with an updated version. I got tired of waiting on you to release a new updated so I rooted my nas drive and updated the media server myself, I did have to buy a license ( no big deal ) and everything is working great.

The media server is running better than ever and it seems to have fixed some issues I was having with streaming media to some devices, like the ps3, wii oh yeah and the new logitech revue (which it now works flawlessly with). Again do the right thing for your customers don't make them vote on features that should be updated and maintained regularly by you.

edit by drmemory - updating twonky was voted on in the idea lounge and has been incorporated in the new products as a user updateable feature. Bringing these requests to Japan engineering attention by voting, is the best way to get their attention. They want to know what customers request the most and they read the ideas in the idea lounge.