Author Topic: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update  (Read 75594 times)

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Bittorent not Working after Firmware update
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Works fine for me and I didn't change anything. You guys could always try a force update with the debug mode checked and enable the updater to "delete user config".

handsome924

• Calf
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »

after many tries, i read in post, where they say force the network ip in linkstation web setting, it can works.

after forcing my linkstation network IP, torrent seems to work again for now.

go to web settings, login, then choose Network --> Settings

enter the fixed ip and DNS, i put opendns (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220)

Re-initialize the bittorent again, torrent seems to download again! 

will try again tomorrow and update again. 

ssshonky

• Calf
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2012, 01:00:56 AM »

has anyone else tried hard coding the IP address in and see if that makes a difference? I have my LinkStation set up to get a static/reserved  IP from the DHCP server, so I cant really see how this would differ

I would imagine most if not all would have a reserved/static setup yeah?

handsome924

• Calf
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2012, 02:25:17 AM »

the setting of network IP does not work!

the torrent is still not downloading and showing the same error

[15:21:58] JS error: [778] TypeError: lang is null
[15:21:56] Request failure #1 (will retry in 2 seconds): action=getsettings&list=1
[15:21:56] Request failure #1 (will retry in 2 seconds): action=getversion
[15:21:56] Request failure #1 (will retry in 2 seconds): action=getxferhist

this is just frustrating!

handsome924

• Calf
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2012, 02:33:04 AM »

im using the same method all this while, after upgrading to 1.6, problem on torrent is started...

EANG18

• Calf
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2012, 03:36:09 AM »

Hello All,

I know it sounds crazy... but you may wish to try the following.

Open the torrent file via the web UI of the Bittoreent... as usual, nothing would happens...

On your windows pc, open the same torrent file via utorrent software installed on your windows pc.. the pc client will start downloading with connected seeds and peers, and your web gui will start in a short while...

I tried on a couple of torrents which I had difficulty and its working!  You can close your utorrent and switch of your pc thereafter.

My NAS is on Firmware 1.58.

Cheers! 

Dirk

• Calf
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »

Manually adding http://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce to the list of trackers (in the download properties) seems to get DHT things  going as well. 

Firmware: 1.56

jackwolf

• Calf
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2012, 01:29:54 AM »

EANG18, does it works with bothe torrent file and magnetic link?

zagloman

• Calf
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »

If you go to the properties of torrent and put "http://fr33dom.h33t.com:3310/announce" the torrent will start, it work for me i have te firmware 1.60.

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »

this is doing my head in now! I've tried pasting the annouce links you give into my complete.gz which is now seeding (100% complete but seeding). I've tried pasting other torrents and nothing! Any advice... again technically this is my limit so I'm struggling to understand what DHT means and other stuff... but desperate for this to work!

Also are we 100% sure if I roll back my firmware to 1.58 it won't fix this (as I'm sure it all went **bleep** up when I updated my firmware)?

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2012, 04:42:48 AM »
Hello again! OK I've tried reverting to 1.58 just incase and nothing. I still cannot get my bittorrent client to allow me to paste a new torrent URL. I'm going to contact buffalo and demand my money back and look for an alternative brand (as this was one of the main selling features of the product for me and it doesn't work anymore). Both me and my brother in law are both stuck with this problem. So is there anything else I can try? before I contact buffalo? In the mean time which windows based client should I use (utorrent?)

Zarquon

• Calf
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »

This has been foxing me for some time, but as per previous suggestion, I right clicked on the torrent in the GUI and entered "http://fr33dom.h33t.com:3310/announce" to the list of trackers.  Seeders & leechers appeared after a second or so and the download started. My Firmware is 1.56 and says it is the latest version.  The standard uTorrent PC Client works fine, but I don't want to leave my PC on, so I prefer to use the Buffalo uTorrent if possible.

I looked on the uTorrent forums and they say:

Support for uTorrent integrated on that device is handled by Buffalo tech support and not us. They run a customized version specifically designed for their hardware.

So, I guess it's up to Buffalo to provide a fix in their own time..... unless there is an alternative client that works and can be integrated into the NAS ... am I right in thinking the Buffalo NAS units are essentially "linux boxes"?

LinkStation LIVE: LS-CHL-V2794

Firmware 1.56

Browser, Opera v 12.0, same results with Firefox v 14.0.1

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2012, 06:20:30 AM »
thanks for taking the time to reply to me! I have a question though... I can't get the torrent I want to the download screen. As in, I paste the torrent url into the torrent location url box and click ok and it doesn't appear so therefore I can't add anything to the trackers ( "the ffrr33" line you've given me.) Am I doing this wrong? (I also don't want to leave my pc on)

robigouk

• Calf
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
mine is a LS-CHL (think it's 38?), now running firmware 1.58 (but have tried 1.60). torrent location (magnet link) is copied from the pirate bay as one of many examples

Zarquon

• Calf
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2012, 09:29:13 AM »

Hi Robig,

sorry, I can't think of what to suggest - the torrent appears in my list when I add the URL, just doesn't have any seeders or leechers..  The only time it doesn't list is when I paste the url into the "Torrent File" box by mistake :s

I think you have a differnt box with different firrmware, so it's probably just the client software needs tweaking to accomodate the diffferent kinds of Buffalo boxes - reassuring that they are looking into it, though ;)