07-27-2009 01:18 PM
I would appreciate technical support regarding how to configure my Buffalo Router WHR-HP-G54 to my Port Address, to assign my IP address and assign my static IP address. I have all my numbers. I just do not know the specific steps to go through to get this done.
07-27-2009 04:17 PM
To set up your static IP addressing do the following:
1) Make sure your modem is plugged into the WAN port on the back of your router and your computer is plugged into any other port
2) Open a web browser (internet explorer, firefox, etc) and go to http://192.168.11.1, when prompted to login the username will be root and by default there is no password
3) Click on advanced at the top, the first section that should come up is WAN settings
4) Set your method of acquiring IP address to static
5) Type in your static IP address in the proper field and select your subnet mask from the dropdown menu.
6) Just below this in advanced settings type in both your primary and secondary DNS settings
7) Hit apply and wait for the router to reboot
At this point the router should be setup and able to get online.
07-31-2011 03:37 AM
how can i make my android phone works w/ the buffalo router?.. i detected a lot of SSID...
i connected to my SSID entered my password but still it doesn't work..
I wanted to log in to router's interface to verify authentication type because each SSID detected has its own authentication type..some says WEP-OPEN, others say WPA- PSK.. but i cannot log in to 192.168.11.1..
need your help..