10-22-2008 06:36 PM
I have a TeraStation Pro which has been working wonderfully until now. The display is alternating between Link Speed - No Link and Link Speed - 1000 MBSec (changing about once per second) when plugged into my D-Link gigabit switch where it has been working for nearly a year. There is no access to the device while this is going on. If I move the network cable to a 100 MB/sec port on the router I can connect to the device without any problems - last night I moved about 0.5 gig to the drive without error but it was SLOW.
I've plugged another gigabit network device into the port on the switch without any problems. I've swapped cables. I've tried a different port on the switch. Everything has been powered off and on several times. There is nothing in the log files. The firmware is at 1.05 which seems to be the latest on the support site. There are no IP address conflicts on my network.
10-23-2008 08:53 AM
I would force flash the firmware (causing no data loss) then set the unit back to factory defaults within the web interface (causing only configurations to be lost)
10-24-2008 12:13 AM
My bad on the model - I seem to have a TeraStation Pro II. Any way, I flashed the firmware to version 1.27 using the 100 MB/s connection. Powered down, switched to the gigabit switch, powered up. Same results. Alternating link speed 1000 and No Link. No link is ever actually established since I cannot connect to the device using my browser while on the gigabit switch.
I guess I'll buy another cheapo switch next week and give that a try. Not sure why since everything else (PC, Second PC, Printer and Router) on the switch is working fine. The switch is the only device I've not swapped out to prove to myself that it's the TeraStation causing the problem.
10-24-2008 07:23 AM
01-29-2009 02:28 PM
Hi guys, I'm having a similar problem so figured I'd jump in.
Just bought a new D-Link DGS-1016D 16-port gigabit switch and my Buffalo TeraStation PRO (2TB) just will NOT link up to it.
I had a different switch before, and it worked fine. I actually tried a few 4-port switches (not D-Link) and the NAS links to them just fine.
The NAS connects to my laptop directly as well... So in a nutshell, everything works as it should except when I connect this NAS to that D-LINK switch.
If anyone has a clue why, please advise. Thanks,