09-09-2011 11:36 AM
so i have webaccess all setup and the videos on my linkstation stream fine via the media player to my logitech revue on my home network as well as wirelessly to my ipad when i am on the same network. however, when i go to watch a video on a public or even a different private network, i get a stream that stops some times and starts other times. i am trying to stream a mp4 movie. the linkstation is connected directly to my isp router (uverse max sub). my upload is about 2MB/s per speedtest.net. here are my questions
- is there transcoding that is done by the linkstation? if so, would the linkstation live pro improve the streaming? i understand that the cpu is faster in the pro version.
- what is the min upload bandwidth required to stream a mp4? typical file size is about 1.5GB
- do i need to convert/compress the file to something more manageable?
- what is the min download bandwidth required to stream a mp4? i tried this at a friend's house that has ~4MB/s down and it was still stopping and starting
- does the app bufer the file? if so, are there any tweaks i could make to increase the buffer size?
- are there any other apps i could use to access the linkstation so that i could stream more seamlessly?
thanks in advance for any feedback and suggestions.