06-18-2012 04:05 PM
I've recently rearranged my IT cabinet, this meant unplugging everything and reconnecting it. After doing this my Linkstation Live appears to be having problems. Here are the facts:
- Turn power on = blue status LED flashes, quite fast, consistent (no pattern). HDD active for ~10 seconds then spins down. Stays like this indefinitely (left for 10 hrs during day).
- Tried initializing (Hold function, apply power, blue function LED flashes, release function, blue status LED and blue function LED flash. Stays like this indefinitely (left overnight).
- Ping consistently returned (<1ms) when power is applied (tried in both of the states described above).
- Drive does NOT show up on NAS Navigator 2 (downloaded yesterday).
- NAS Updater does NOT detect drive.
- PC and Linkstation connected via Ethernet to BT HomeHub 3.
- I believe I had firmware version 1.56, but I can't be certain.
Has anyone got any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-18-2012 04:59 PM
06-19-2012 01:32 PM
You can try leaving the unit unplugged overnight to see if this helps.
If the power was pulled from the drive suddenly (versus shutting the unit off with the power switch), then it is possible that the drive was damaged.
06-19-2012 01:51 PM
The LS-CHL has a 1 year warranty which does cover a failed drive. The unit will need to be replaced in full.
06-19-2012 01:58 PM
North Amercian RMA's for in warranty products do not involve any charge (you will need to pay to ship the unit in for replacement).
For more information, and to set up the replacement, please call 866-752-6210.
06-19-2012 02:08 PM
06-19-2012 02:43 PM