Author Topic: Adding Drive from Iomega to CS-WX2.0/1D  (Read 1366 times)

wfoote

• Calf
Adding Drive from Iomega to CS-WX2.0/1D
« on: May 07, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »

I just had a 1TB Iomega NAS device quit working.  The disk drive seems OK, but the controller appears to be gone.  I installed the disk drive (Seagate Barracuda LP) into a computer and was able to see the files under Linux using Knoppix.  The drive has 2 partitions, the first with Linux and the second formatted in XFS with the data.

To replace the Iomega device I ordered a CS-WX2.0/1D.  I have a couple of questions on how to restore and configure my data once I receive the Cloudstor.

1.  If I just plug the Seagate drive into the second bay of the Clouldstor will the existing data from the XFS partition be available to copy to the disk in the first bay?

2.  I then want to configure the Cloudstor to Raid 1.  I understand the drive in the second bay should be as large or larger that the drive in the first bay.  For this I need to swap the position of the two drives.  How do I do this and get the operating system on the smaller drive?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Adding Drive from Iomega to CS-WX2.0/1D
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:40:06 AM »

1. No. Also in order to use the second HDD at all it will need to be formatted via the admin page.

2. If you want to change the RAID1 then both the HDDs will be formatted in the process.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!