Author Topic: Problem loading FW on LS Live  (Read 3180 times)

mmmBuff

• Calf
Problem loading FW on LS Live
« on: January 23, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »

I have a Linkstation Live 500GB HS-DH500GL

Out of the box the FW was 2.01 or 2.10, I forget exactly which.  I was easily able to configure the box using the web interface.  I loaded about 2GB of audio into the media folder.

I was having problems seeing the media with my PS3, so I downloaded the hs-dhgl_211_101 firmware update utility from this site.  I followed all the instructions about disabling my firewall and antivirus...my PC is on the same subnet...everything.

The fw update looked like it was going fine, but at the end it said "aborted" with some thing like ACP error, or something like that.  

It looked like it reverted to the original firmware OK, and I thought all was well because I was still able to access my data, and use the web UI. 

Then I had a power outage.  When I powered the LS back on I do not see any of the shares on my network.  When I use the NAS Navigator it can find the LS, but the host name has changed to HS-DHGL-EM719 and the firmware just shows ---------.

I tried to run the firmware updater again, but I get the same abort error.

What can I do?

Message Edited by mmmBuff on 01-23-2009 12:09 AM

mmmBuff

• Calf
Re: Problem loading FW on LS Live
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
   bump!

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Problem loading FW on LS Live
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:15:02 PM »

If you have a backup of the data, try the firmware force procedure with the "Rebuild partition table" Debug Config option checked. This will erase the filesystem.