Author Topic: Twonky and LinkStation LS-XHL, LS-WXL, LS-WSXL, LS-VL, LS-WVL, LS-QVL  (Read 51516 times)

eclectice

• Calf
Re: Twonky and LinkStation LS-XHL, LS-WXL, LS-WSXL, LS-VL, LS-WVL, LS-QVL
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 05:43:02 PM »

I have not tried the new firmware v1.6 on my LS-WVL.

I've read the README of the firmware v1.6 and it says

[Note]Version 1.60 [2012.7.5]- fixes several Samba security problems (CVE-2012-1182).

Is that all?

flaccer

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 08:26:49 AM »

Hi, I just got my new LS-XHL yesterday. I bought it, because it supports Squeezebox Server. Unfortunately firmware version 1.56 only has an old version of SBS (7.5x), which seems to have some bugs (scanning files fails on certain file names) and it causes my Squeezebox Touch to downgrade its firmware everytime I switch between mysqueezebox.com and the SBS on the Buffalo NAS. Will the new firmware coming out mid July contain an up-to-date version of Squeezebox Server? This would be great news. :-) I'm also unsure about the SBS setting to check for updates on mysqueezebox.com every day. Is it meant to function in the context of the Buffalo NAS? It would be idea, but if it would work, it should have notified me about the newer version 7.7x already, which it didn't. Thanx for your help... flaccer

kway

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 10:50:27 PM »

hi, i getting the below page during the 1.6 upgrade. after hours still showing this page. has close/refresh the page. tried with different work station still showing same info.

linkstation information LED is lighted in stable orange. no issue to login to web access & bittorrent. only this admin page stuck at this page..

any advice on what i should do?

upgrade

Conac

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 06:52:35 AM »

I want to know price of this products

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »

Conac wrote:

I want to know price of this products

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Linkstation+Live+Price+US

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

lukvdh

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 06:14:14 AM »

I just bought a LS-WVL. Firmware 1.58. I don't see any mentioning or presence of Twonky on this device, so here is the stupid question: does a LS-WVL have this Twonky-thing and where is it / how to use it...?

Thanks in advance if someone get me on the right track.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 06:32:54 AM »

lukvdh wrote:

I just bought a LS-WVL. Firmware 1.58. I don't see any mentioning or presence of Twonky on this device, so here is the stupid question: does a LS-WVL have this Twonky-thing and where is it / how to use it...?

Yes it does, it is the software used to control the media server on the unit.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

lukvdh

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 10:51:31 AM »

davo wrote:

lukvdh wrote:

Thanks for the info.

But how can one tell which version is installed?

And how can one update (if needed)?

In my unit I don't see the 'Update DTCP-IP' in the web-management (as described in the 'media server update procedure')....

Firmware is 1.58.

lukvdh

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 04:35:27 PM »

lukvdh wrote:

davo wrote:

lukvdh wrote:

Thanks for the info.

But how can one tell which version is installed?

And how can one update (if needed)?

In my unit I don't see the 'Update DTCP-IP' in the web-management (as described in the 'media server update procedure')....

Firmware is 1.58.

Sorry to reply on my own message.

But (after finding out about Twonky is on port 9050 and how to re-enable that port in Firefox...) I found out this rather strange behaviour of LS firmware "updates and downgrades": I had firmware 1.58 installed, but there was no option for DTCP-IP-updates (which, some readme-file o,n the Buffalo-site tells me, also will update the Twonky server).

So I forced a downgrade to firmware 1.57. Tried the  DTCP-IP update: keeps saying "downloading" until an error-message pops up 'connect to the internet' (there is another thread about that I saw, so I had to stop trying.Connection to the internet is 100% fine.) 

But now I have Twonky 6.0.42-dev.

I re-updated the firmware to 1.58. DTCP-IP entry is missing again, and... Twonky server is back to 4.4.19, the "very old" one, with less capabilities.

I thought buying this Buffalo LS Duo Pro was clever, but I start feeling regret I did. What the * is this when firmware updates do downgrades and downgrades do (partial) updates. And reading all the "good news" about firmware version 1.60 (which should be removed from the site, a Buffalo spokesman seems to have said, but is still there and seems unable to play .AVIs)....

I've seen and handled a load of bad hardware and loust firmware, and I hoped Buffalo would do better (because I read some good reviews about these NASs, but I better had found this forum before buying).

I hope Buffalo gets things right with a next firmware. Soon.

(I have a LS-WVL Pro Duo 2TB, Windows 7 64bit, never tried the torrent-squeezbox-iTunes-stuff so I can't comment on those. I just want a reliable DLNA-compliant media-server to stream some video/music/photos).

marcelve

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »

With firmware 1.6 I finally have twonky's webinterface on the LS-WVL. In 1.58, It was not there on port 9050.

However..... Twonky should have a flash interface. At least there is a link in the left hand menu bar. This, however gives a 404 error

lukvdh

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 06:46:02 PM »

marcelve wrote:

With firmware 1.6 I finally have twonky's webinterface on the LS-WVL. In 1.58, It was not there on port 9050.

However..... Twonky should have a flash interface. At least there is a link in the left hand menu bar. This, however gives a 404 error

What version of Twonky is there in FW 1.6 ?

(Visible on the :9050 page, if it's there;-) )

I still don't like the idea to 'upgrade' to FW 1.6, read bad things about it. And if this update includes a downgrade of Twonky again (as the 1.58 version did in relation to FW .157) I think an answer/reaction of Buffalo should be here. As should a decent firmware-update with a decent Twonky (and the interface enabled etc etc). Asap.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »

FW1.60 incorporates Twonky 6

hardcore_power

• Calf
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »

Hello,

With this update, can you play mkv? I have a LS-WXL with firmware 1.62.

I saw that some people could read but not me.

Thank you.

ps: sorry for my english (google translation)

hardcore_power

• Calf
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »

up plz

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

If you are having issues playing any type of video file, please email the details: LInkstation part number, Linkstation firmware revision, Linkstation MAC address (12 digits alphanumeric), the serial number of the linkstation (14 numbers),  the manufacturer/model/firmware of TV client and the country where TV was purchased (different regions have different models/firmware), and country where the linkstation was purchased. Also, please send the type of video that the TV can't see, or can't play.  Email to drmemory@buffalotech.com