Author Topic: Faulty Firmware ver 2.01 for Linkstation EZ LS-L320GL When will it be Fixed ?  (Read 6300 times)

mucko68

• Calf

Gday 

A while ago I identified faulty firmware 2.01 Linkstation LS-L320GL  See post listed  below 

Related Post Faulty Firmware 2.01

see link for the current firmware which seems to be faulty ver 2.01

Firwmare 2.01 for Linkstation EZ LS-L320GL

I was advised it was going to the Corporate Division of Buffalo to be fixed I guess. When will this occur as I need to remote capability.  The Linkstation EZ  LS-L320GL firmware 2.01 from the aussie site installed a web user interface on my linkstation  but you cant create any users therefore no secure access to my nas is possible. I can access it insecurely but wont for obvious reasons

Aside from all this the drive works great 

Thanks 
Message Edited by mucko68 on 01-23-2009 09:23 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
I will pass up the request for the firmware update.  Please check buffalotech.com for more updates.

mucko68

• Calf

Hi All

It Has Now been over 4 weeks and still no new firmware When will the new firmware be release it is getting beyond a joke ???

mikel

• Calf

Is this somehow to the "Incorrect Password" issue I am experiencing with the L320GL?  I apologize in advance but I don't know how this product went past any sort of sanity test:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=5468&jump=true

mucko68

• Calf

Hi All

I am still waiting to hear when this new firmware for the  Linkstation EZ  LS-L320GL  will be released it seems more people are experiencing issues with this web interface than me it has been 5 weeks now I have checked buffalo.com and also this webiste http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?country=ar for an update.

Can someone from buffalotech give some idea if this firmware 2.01 will Ever be updated  :smileysad:

Message Edited by mucko68 on 02-19-2009 02:40 PM

Roger1

• Calf

Hi everyone, this is the response I just received to an email enquiry regarding this issue. So much for any hope of a quick and easy resolution.
In regards to your enquiry, there is no new firmware update for that model. You can revert it back to old firmware. It is no possible my the operating system. Please send it to Uniden Australia.

We need a copy of receipt, a note with your contact details, address and the fault description. We will replace your unit.

ps. the spelling errors are theirs.
Message Edited by Roger1 on 02-19-2009 06:21 PM
Message Edited by Roger1 on 02-19-2009 06:22 PM

mucko68

• Calf

Really annoying isnt it you identify an issue like faulty firmware for buffalo and they still wont fix Jeeesssusss

Can you keep me posted on how you went with Uniden maybe I will take that road as well 

mucko68

• Calf
   I will email sales@uniden.com.au about the firmware issue dont seem to be getting any joy from Buffalo Tech. I will post the results when I get them

Roger1

• Calf

Actually, I wasn't going to bother sending my unit to Uniden as the issue that I've got with this firmware doesn't justify the effort, plus I don't know that the original firmware would fix my problem anyway.
I'm still hoping that they'll eventually release an updated firmware.

mucko68

• Calf

The unit works great my problem with this if you release a firmware upgrade which enables remote access ( sweeeet ) but doesnt allow you to do it securely. It is in my view rather irresponsible. Do any other Buffalo products with this ability allow you to access these devices remotely by insecure means only???

I would be amazed if they did.

While it is true that the device originally wasnt supposed to accessed remotely it doesnt change the fact if you are going to enable this process you have to enable the choice of doing it securely. Otherwise what is the Bl###dy point