Author Topic: Dropped not working - LinkStation LS-WV4.0TL/R1 with (2) 2 TB WD drives  (Read 1989 times)

998M

• Calf

My drive was dropped by a contractor. I think it was dropped by 4 feet onto concrete. It is not working. Looking for suggestions.

I was thinking about getting a new enclosure (because I will need a new one anyways) and putting the drives in to see if they will come up.

Thanks in advanced.

Marc

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Does the unit power up at all? Do you just need to get the data off it or do you want a working unit?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

998M

• Calf

Thank you for the reply.

The unit (with the drives in it) does power up but gives a flashing error light. I can buy another unit. I really care about the data. I have an external SATA drive enclosure that I am going to put the dives in and see if they are working. Just have not had a chance. If I find that they are still working. Can I buy a new enclosure and just put the drives in it and they will work?

Once I get the data, I will probably replace the drives just in case. It was a pretty big drop.

Jotin

• Big Bull

Once you get the unit you can put the disks in to the replacement unit and recover the data. You can also use UFS explorer on your PC to recover the data as well.